There is a film on top of my homemade cherry and grape wine and i am not sure what it is or if i should be removing it like i've been doing. I previously made apple wine but i never saw a film on top of that batch. What is it and is it going to be harmful if i dont keep basicaly scraping off the top with a paper towel.
What does the film look like? Is it just bubbles or like a crust? I read that if it is like a crusty film it could be bacterial contamination and that would mean that your wine is ruined...
Well I dont know what the film is but instead of scraping it off the top with paper towel you could carefully syphon the wine to a new fermenter or carboy.
Why not take the film to be developed and see what the pictures are?
Nice to see you back DG and yes If something looks to bad, must be, why spend the time to find out its bad. I am pretty sure this is a post from months ago.